Saturday, January 31, 2009

Scrivo perché ...

I am afforded the opportunity to express myself with ease - more so than I can verbally. I am able to reflect, consider, and craft my words to say exactly what I want to - finding just the right words and phrases. In writing I find a way to convey the creative side of who I am - allowing me to more readily articulate the myriad of ideas and thoughts that are constantly swirling about my mind.

Throughout the years of my education, I excelled in areas that required writing – whether it be English Composition, History, the Social Sciences, or Languages (Latin and French). I studied Sociology at the university which required voluminous writing – research papers, position papers, research grant proposals, literature reviews and the two-year writing of an Honors Thesis. Two undeclared minors in History and English also allowed me the opportunity to write in different styles.

In my “spare time” after I finished my education, I wrote short-story fiction with my nephew and in 2002 I began writing scripts for the Drama Ministry at my church. Journaling and writing “reflections” on some of what I read allows me yet another outlet for my writing “passion” and drive. At LCMI, I use my writing to craft the ministry newsletters and appeals.

I find great enjoyment in crafting any type of writing – whether it be fictional short stories, drama scripts, character descriptions, reflections, newsletter articles, or journal entries.
Blogging has allowed me yet another outlet of that creative part that makes up who I am.

1 comment:

João Esteves said...

"Scrivo perché..." bespeaks while reading, is very well stuffed factually. I have enjoyed every bit of it.