Christ the Lord Is Risen! He Is Risen Indeed!
~
Savior. Son of God. Risen Lord. Messiah. Redeemer. Friend.
Just a Man?
~
My Lord was not and is not just a man. He is the One.
One who gave of His life willingly that the world - that all mankind - that every person ever born or ever to be born might know fellowship with and acceptance from the Living God. The choice is one each person on Earth must make - to accept or to reject His salvation.
Can I ever fully comprehend His choice? Do I truly understand what He did? Do I truly appreciate His Gift?
In all honesty, the answer could only be "No".
I can not, in my finite humanness, comprehend, understand, or appreciate fully.
~
What can I; a mere, fallen, human, offer this Man?
This flawed, imperfect life?
This person who questions often, fails more often, stumbles so very often?
If I relied on who I am as a mere human, than that is all I can offer Him - a broken, sin-filled life.
~
BUT, because I chose to follow Him, to take Him as my Redeemer, to grasp the salvation He offered willingly and freely, I can offer Him who I am in Him, who I will be because of Him, who He is remaking me to be. I can only offer myself
~
God has not called me to be discouraged by my humanness, but to serve Him - with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind - in Christ Jesus.
He will take my feeble ministrations, my faulty endeavors, my weaknesses and mold them into what He desires them to be. I need only to give of them freely in service to Him.
Because He Lives!
~
Easter.
The commemoration and celebration
of the death and the resurrection
of Jesus Christ -
the Son of the Living God -
THE Savior of the World.
3 comments:
This is a splendidly inspired witness. One point you make calls something to mind for me. I'm not what you could call a 'shining example' of Christianity, just a very human one. I don't see myself as someone others would readily turn to. Yet on Boxing Day last year I met a friend in the street of our town, who was in an angry and agitated state over trouble he had. And I prayed with him, right there in the street. The prayer was answered, too. That was a witness to that man, and I was used simply because I offer to serve, not because I'm specially talented or anything. It is encouraging to know: God can and will use us in His ongoing ministry, if we are willing to serve.
Greetings, I just came by to say: I've offered up a prayer that you and all yours will be upheld. I don't know whether the recession is bringing hardship on you or not. It's been a few days since you have posted on your sites, which might just mean that you are busy. I wish you well in Jesus. Our family have the divine blessing of an income for life as one of the conditions of my former employment. I must remember to give to those in need and pray, especially for friends, brothers and sisters in Christ. Peace and good things be with you.
There is a lot of your sincere heart even a wretch like me can't help remarking in this post, let alone Christ himself. He must know much better than any of us. And tat's what really counts.
Post a Comment